Saturday, February 23, 2013

Year 2 Day 93

Friday, Friday.

So I took some Nyquil last night since my coughing had just been terrible, and I definitely slept until about 9:15. It felt amazing. All things before 10am on campus were cancelled due to clearing all of the snow, so I got some much needed sleep, that's for sure.

I got up and did the one little piece of homework I had left to do, then took some Dayquil and went to Faith and Life.

Here's a lesson for ya'll. Taking Nyquil and Dayquil withing 12 hours of each other is not for beginners. In fact, I am never taking Dayquil ever again. It made me feel like I was in a daze and couldn't focus my eyes on anything for about 3 hours. It helped my cough, don't get me wrong. But I didn't appreciate the feeling of not being able to control my brain. Definitely shows how infrequently I take medicine lol.

On the bright side, though. I'm not coughing anymore :)

After Faith and Life came lunch, then Interp. We talked about Law and Gospel and the importance of them within the Psalms today. It was a pretty great discussion.

After Interp, I headed to the Writing Center to get Lou's help on some of the parts of speech in my Psalm. It was nice to get all of that done. Step 2, check! Only 14 more to go :) Woohoo!

After that, Lou and I headed back to the dorm, where Audrey and Taylor were watching Grease. I then decided to crawl up in my bed and fell asleep for about an hour and a half. Taylor woke me up in the middle of a dream to go get dinner. I'm glad she woke me up, but it took me awhile to remember who I was and where I was haha. It was a much needed nap.

We went to Subway for supper because Janzow is just kinda stupid lately, and they don't have any sandwich stuff that doesn't look like slime. Yep, I said it. It's gross.

We came back to the dorm and Taylor and I chilled before Ben came over and we watched Taken 2. That movie was pretty good. Liam Neeson, man what a beast. It's so crazy how smart he is in that movie.

After watching that movie, we chilled for awhile watching YouTube videos. Then we decided we were going to go to Taco Bell, but because it was approaching 12:30, we went for McDonald's instead. Taylor and Ryan really wanted Taco Bell, but I was not about to drive to Lincoln this late at night.

After we returned from McDonald's, Ben and I sat out in the lounge talking for a solid hour and a half before visitation hours were up and he had to leave. I could have talked to him for hours ♥ I love that. We don't need any source of entertainment or background noise, we can just talk and talk.

I like smiling. Smiling's my favorite :)

I know, O LORD, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps. Jeremiah 10:23

No comments:

Post a Comment