Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Year 2 Day 69

Tuesday :) Birthday :)

Well, I will first start by noting that today was probably the longest birthday of all of my birthdays. I should do it that way every year haha.

The day began bright and early at 5:30 a.m. because we had soccer practice at 6. Practice was fun, lifting came after that, and we definitely had a 90s music dance party. The song Lucky came on by Brittney Spears, and we all belted it out across the weight room. It was the best cd ever. Lifting ran long, so I didn't have time to go get breakfast, but that's okay I guess. Luckily, Mer had granola bars in her locker because I forgot to grab one before I left.

Weight training consisted of us watching a video on hips. That's always exciting.

I then went to chapel, and went to the mail room to get my package. It was a big one from my parents!! #winning

I came back to the room and showered and got ready. I then went to eat lunch really quick before going to Differentiated Instruction.

After class, I ended up back in Janzow for a while before going back to my room and Skyping with Olivia :) She leaves for Guatemala tomorrow, and will be with limited internet access for the next 4 months! It's going to be so strange not texting her as often as I typically do. But she's going to have such a good trip, and it's going to be a blast for her!

After Skyping, I headed to Lincoln with Emmalynn and Hannah for our tour and intro for our People's City Mission field experience. I think it's going to be fun to do some tutoring and have some fun with the kids there.

We got back to Seward around 4:30, so I did a little homework before going to Janz for dinner.

After dinner, I came back to my room to Skype with my fam so I could finally open my package!!! I got a book, it's called Crossroads, and it's written by the same author as The Shack. I am super excited to read it. I also got restocked M&Ms for my candy machine. Yeah, buddy!!

I got to work the Girl's basketball game, and they won by a landslide, which was fun to watch. I also got to work with Lauren, which is always wonderful. After the game came working intramurals.

Rachel called me to wish me a happy birthday, and so did the Sorenson's. That was pretty cool :) Working Volleyball is always fun because my team normally plays two games, so that makes the time go by pretty quickly.

Ben brought me hot chocolate too :)

Pretty much, I had a really solid and wonderful birthday. Definitely the longest one on record haha.

Valentine today: Wanna make a ___ ___?

Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also must love one another. 1 John 4:11

No comments:

Post a Comment