Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Year 2 Day 26

It's hard to think that finals matter when families in Connecticut are having to bury their 6 or 7 year old child who was point blank shot while attending school.

I saw a picture of these kids for the first time today, and it just really hits home more when you see the pictures of the kids who this man looked straight at, in all of their crying, screaming, and shaking, and still pulled the trigger. Ahh, it just gives me the shivers. To think that I could be that teacher someday. The teacher of that classroom. Does the idea scare me? Yes. Does it make me question my career choice? Not at all.

Finals went well, and I am brain dead after that Organic Chem. And I am going to miss that class so much. Dr. Jurchen always began EVERY class period with prayer. That's how I am going to lead my classroom. It shows me that he values our time in the classroom and our taking the time to learn the material, but that ultimately, without the knowledge of our magnificent creator, no carbon molecule or benzene ring would even matter. Looking at it from that viewpoint, every last molecule, protron, neutron, chemical, everything, was made for a purpose. How cool is that? And that's why I want to teach.

We had Praise tonight, and we just sang some awesome songs. One of the awesome ones was a Relient K Christmas song...I Celebrate the Day. Here are the lyrics:


And with this Christmas wish is missed
The point I could convey
If only I could find the words to say to let You know how much You've touched my life
Because here is where You're finding me, in the exact same place as New Year's eve
And from a lack of my persistency
We're less than half as close as I want to be

And the first time
That You opened Your eyes did You realize that You would be my Savior
And the first breath that left Your lips
Did You know that it would change this world forever

And so this Christmas I'll compare the things I felt in prior years
To what this midnight made so clear
That You have come to meet me here

To look back and think that
This baby would one day save me
In the hope that what You did
That you were born so I might live
To look back and think that
This baby would one day save me

And I, I celebrate the day
That You were born to die
So I could one day pray for You to save my life


We went and got some cookies from the St. John cookie break, then played some games down in the game room while Audrey was working. They started the game Skittles on the pool table, and it was hilarious to watch. 

On a final note, all of us were hanging out while watching A Christmas Carol, and we were just chatting. Cody says, "Rachel, whoever you end up marrying is going to be REALLY awesome." How cool is that?


2 down, 1 to go. 3 sleeps til I see my family :)

Colossians 1:28 We proclaim him [Christ], admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment