Sunday, December 16, 2012

Year 2 Day 24

Saturday, what up!

I woke up today around 9:30, putzed around on my iPad for a little while, then went to eat brunch/lunch/breakfast with Taylor and Louisa.

I then went to Janz top and studied for a solid hour and a half before going to the library to study OChem.

I was there until 4:40 when I went to the track meet to watch Montana run :) Beast mode in the 4x400!

After the track meet, Audrey, Taylor, and I came back to the room and got ready for our Friend Christmas dinner :)

Here is who was there: Mariah, Michala, Taylor, Audrey, Me, Tori, Melissa, Charlie, Jacqui, Matt, Carli, David, Cody, Ben, Evan, Montana.

It was loads of fun, and absolutely delicious. We ate ham, cheesy potatoes, green beans, crescent rolls, salad, and cookies. Yum, yum!

We played Catch Phrase and Stacks (a game where you move left or right in a circle of sitting people based on whether the phrase said fits you, and you end up sitting on people's laps.)

After that game, we took a break and did dishes while a few people ran to Walmart to buy National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. It was funny, but didn't seem to have as much of a point to the story as I would have thought.

Finally, Montana, Taylor, Ben, Cody, and I hung out in Montana's room for awhile just chatting and having a ball.

Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Romans 12:15 

Today, was the first day I watched news coverage of the town of Newton in Connecticut. I just can't fathom the idea that some guy would go into an elementary school, and shoot and kill 20 kindergartner and first graders. Not only that, but he killed both of his parents as well. As a teacher, that would be so scary to have someone shooting all of your students. I signed myself up for the job, though. So my students, I would protect. 
I feel for the town. I can't imagine experiencing so much loss. 




No comments:

Post a Comment